Magazine & Facebook
|Click for your||Magazine January 2021||Click to||Visit our FB Page|
Our Monthly Magazine is about the Groups and our Members
We look forward to the month ahead with Dates For Your Diary. Here you will find a snapshot of things you might like to try. We carry on this theme with Try Something New. Every month we turn the spotlight on one group and run a ‘fly on the wall’ feature following one of their meetings. Another regular feature is A day in the life of a Convener, where we look at what it takes to run one of our Groups, and take a light hearted look at how the U3A runs. We also have a regular cookery feature written by Nerys Wilson and gardening tips and ideas from Sandra Gregory and Barbara Hellin from the Gardening Group. A very popular feature is our ‘Lets Meet’ article where we look into some surprising back stories that our members are happy to share with us. There are lots of other articles, both light hearted and challenging.
Since the Magazine was launched in February 2017 it has grown and grown, and is now regularly well over 40 pages!
We can promise you an entertaining read!
Please contribute to the magazine. We’d be delighted to have more groups and conveners for the spotlight feature and we also want to know what your group has been doing. E-mail us at Magazine@U3A.org.uk
Where Can You Get the Magazine?
- Published on the first of every month apart from August.
- Available to view and/or download.
- Paper copies will be available at Monthly Meetings & Coffee Mornings and also at Chepstow Hub (Library).
Entries for the Magazine
Dates for your Diary
- Group events or speakers that you would like to invite members to come to.
- Short announcements, no photos
Try Something New
- Attract new members for your Group
- Up to 200 words
Highlights of the Month
- Review of a group activity or an event
- Photos (high resolution and action shots if possible)
- 100-150 words sent in word format with photos separately
How to Submit your Entries
- Send a Word document and photos separately in an email.
- Email to Magazine@ChepstowU3A.org.uk
- Send it as early as you can but:
- The final deadline is the 15th of the preceding month.
Fancy being part of the Magazine Team?
As the magazine grows we are always grateful for more help. Can you spare just a few hours each month. Want to try your hand as a ‘roving reporter’ or a budding photographer? We need more people to help to produce our magazine. Don’t worry we won’t drop you in at the deep end! This really is a team effort. Call Nicky on 07515 511365 or email Magazine@ChepstowU3A.org.uk
|Editor||Nicky Lee||07515 511365|
|Desk Top Publishing||Chris Whiteman|
|Reporters||Shelagh Davies||Liz Lewis||Vivien Marles||Martin Somerville|
|Photography||Terry Walters||Sushil Nair||Colin Harris|
|Food for Thought||Nerys Wilson|
|Proofing||Derek Shottin||Kay & Brian Mahony||Ingrid Arntzen||Irene Hullah|
|Sandra Gregory||Shelagh Davies||Wilf Summerbell||Richard Johnston|
To Contact the Editor or Join the Team
|Email:||Magazine@ChepstowU3A.org.uk||or click on||Magazine|
Previous Magazine Issues
|Magazine January 2021|
Magazines for 2019 - Click to see all our Magazine published in 2019.
Magazines for 2018 - Click to see all our Magazine published in 2018.