Beacon Management System
|System Administrator||Ian Wood|
|Asst. System Administrator||Terry Summers||01291 625712||If you leave a message, please can you REPEAT your phone number and name.|
Beacon was implemented in Chepstow U3A in January 2017. It is an on-line database facility for managing our Membership, Activity Groups, and Finance. An major upgrade to Beacon is due to be implemented sometime in 2020.
|Beacon Main System Menu Login|
Access to the system is controlled so you will need to be given a login name and password. Conveners who do not have Beacon access MUST contact Convener Liaison for a Conveners' User ID or the Treasurer for a Finance User ID who will then arrange this with the Beacon Team.
Initial Training and Beacon Problems
The Beacon Team will set up your initial User ID and password and help you to get going on Beacon. If you have any subsequent problems with using Beacon please contact them.
|Updating Your Membership Details|
You can contact Membership and ask to have your personal details such as address, phone number, email etc updated or you can do it yourself by clicking on the above link. If you do it this way you will need your Membership Number which you will find on your membership card or by asking Membership.
Conveners and Activity Groups
Most of our Activity Groups are using Beacon to manage their Groups. The advantages for the Convener are:
- you can see who are members of the group
- you can see if group members have paid their subs.
- you have access to group member's telephone number, home address, and email and you don’t have to be informed if any of these details are changed
- you can send emails to selected group members or to all the group
- you can see which group members are not on email
- If there is more than one Group Convener, you all access the same list of group members
- If the Convener changes, the list of group members is immediately available to the new Convener
In addition, if we are informed that a member is ill or has had an accident we can see which group that member belongs to and we can contact the Convener for more information and ask the Convener to contact the member on our behalf.
- Third Age Matters (TAM) - Beacon provides us with a mailing list for TAM which is delivered by direct mail five times a year free of charge to all full members. However, if you do not want to receive TAM just click on Information and say 'No TAM'
- Gift Aid. Members are encouraged to sign up for Gift Aid if they do not already do so. Click on Gift Aid for more details.