|Conveners||Rovena Harris||01291 622681||0771 288 6242|
|Vivien Marles||07763 422733|
|Nicky Lee||07515 511365|
|Alistair Wylie||0787 948 3489|
|Email either:||AwayDays||or AwayDays@ChepstowU3A.org.uk|
Booking and Paying for Events and Outings
- Booking can be made to the Convener by phone, email or at a Monthly Meeting or Coffee Morning
- Payment is required in full at the time of booking.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, or Direct Transfer. For full details please click on Paying for Events and Outings
- If you are paying by Direct Transfer from your bank account use the code AWD (for AwayDays) in the reference field.
- Whilst we will make every effort to be flexible, refunds for cancellation cannot generally be given as money has already been committed for the coach or tickets.
Previous Trips - Follow a link to see a page reporting on the trip and showing several photos
|September||International Centre for Birds of Prey|
|2019||February||The Royal Mint, Llantrisant|
|June||NT Dyffryn Gardens|
|December||Bath Christmas Market|
When we are able to safely travel by coach, AwayDays will resume.
We will plan to visit Kew Gardens June 2021 and will be in touch with those booked for June 2020.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Fri Apr 16th 2021||Highclere Castle - £32 per person|
If you were booked onto the April 2020 or August 2020 trip you have been moved to this date.
This is an to explore this beautiful house in extensive gardens. Highclere has a rich, multifaceted history dating back to the year 749. It was the set for the popular television series Downton Abbey where the movie premiered in September 2019.
It is the home of the 8th Earl and Countess of Carnarvon where in 1922 the 5th Earl and trusted friend and colleague Howard Carter planned their excavation season leading to the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun. During his explorations, he both discovered and purchased Egyptian artefacts, the current occupants have opened a new Egyptian Exhibition throughout the cellars of the Castle to celebrate the 5th Earls achievements. The British Museum and Newbury Museum have kindly lent back further statues and antiquities which had originally been lent to them by the Carnarvon family. The Antiquities Room contains jewellery, beautiful crafted jars and a coffin of a noblewoman from 3,500 years ago.
There is a tea shop on site.
Departs Chepstow Leisure Centre at a time to be decided
Contact: Rovena Harris on 01291 622681, email AwayDays@ChepstowU3A.org.uk