Tuesday Live at the Drill Hall
These are on the first Tuesday of every month, doors open at 1.30 pm to allow a prompt start at 2:00 pm. Most meetings are now 'Hybrid'; this means that you can come to the Drill Hall, meet up with your friends and other members and enjoy refreshment after the meeting or you can watch the the presentation on Zoom at home.
They start with a short business session for u3a announcements followed by a speaker on a wide variety of serious or non serious topics or a presentation or a party. At our presentations and parties we may be entertained by one or more of our groups such as Ukulele, Recorders, Wyenotes or one of our other performance groups or we may have a entertainer from outside u3a. Meetings are always followed by refreshments served by one of our Groups where you can chat and socialise with friends old and new.
You can also collect a copy of our free monthly Magazine, pay your membership subscriptions, and find out about various trips organised by some of the Groups such as Theatre and AwayDays.
Everyone is welcome to come along especially potential new members. If you are not a Chepstow u3a member you will be introduced to someone who will tell you more about our u3a and answer any questions you may have.
The Drill Hall is all on one level with a wheelchair ramp from the car park, which has accessible spaces, and there are accessible toilets. There is a hearing loop installed.
How to Get to the Drill Hall
The Drill Hall is in Lower Church Street, NP16 5HJ. The entrance to the car park is a sort of slip road on the right hand side on a one way system so be careful not to miss it or you will have to go round again! It is an all day Pay-And-Display car park. There is another Pay-And-Display car park at the Castle, which is just a short walk away through the road past the Museum.
Notes for Speakers and Presenters
- Please aim to be in the Hall by 1.15 pm at the latest to allow us to set up any equipment.
- If the meeting is on Zoom, we would like your permission to record it. This will be kept on our website so that our members can watch the presentation if they were unable to attend on the day. After two weeks it will be deleted. If you prefer that we do not record it then that is ok.
- Your talk will be written up in our monthly Magazine so if you could supply two or three photographs that relate to your talk or presentation this would enhance the write up.
- If you arrive early you can leave your car in the car park and walk up the hill into Chepstow where you will find cafes and pubs where you can get lunch.
- If you have any queries please contact the Programme Organiser below
|Programme Organiser||Derek Shottin||01291 623986||07599 204 115|