Welcome to the website of the Cheadle and Gatley U3A.
The group was formed in the summer of 2011
and we have around 200 members with 25 Interest Groups operating.
*** The September 2021 Welcome Back and 10th Anniversary meeting ***
It was lovely to get together again on a beautiful sunny afternoon for our Welcome Back meeting and to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.
Though we had to limit numbers and observe some restrictions, those who attended had a very enjoyable time hearing about the foundation of the U3A Movement and the early days of our own U3A and partaking of some delicious refreshments!
Several of our Groups had mounted displays around the hall and it was very encouraging to see what they have been doing.
It was clear that one of the great aspects of our U3A is the opportunity it gives to members to share in good company and lively conversation!
We will be starting up our regular Wednesday meetings again in October and hope to be able to offer an interesting selection of speakers over the coming months. However, we must be mindful of the fact that there are still risks to health and we must guard against exposing our members to unnecessary risks. For this reason we will be restricting attendance to a reasonable number and asking members to register in advance.
We are delighted that most of our Interest Groups have resumed their usual activities and are keen to welcome new members. Convenors have done a great job in keeping things going throughout the past eighteen months
Lesley Witton, Chair
By clicking on the buttons at the top of this page you can find the following information.
GROUPS Details of all our current Interest Groups and Open Groups within the NE Cheshire Network.
EVENTS Details of our regular Monthly Open Meetings.
CONTACT A contact form by which you can send an email message to Cheadle and Gatley U3A.
GALLERY A collection of all the images which can be found elsewhere on the website.
U3A Information about the National Organisation and National Events.
LINKS TO THIS PAGE
These may be found on the right of the page on a computer, or below on a phone
Click on the Links to find, amongst other things:
• A New Members' Leaflet which gives outline details of Cheadle and Gatley U3A as it is under normal times.
• Copies of the June 2021 and September 2021 Newsletters, the latter containing details about how we are beginning to resume our normal activities.
• Information to help Convenors in the running of their Groups, in the Convenors' Reference link.
• The latest 2020-21 Financial Statement
• Information about the North-West Regional U3A.
• The Cheadle and Gatley Safeguarding Policy.
• The Archive section which contains earlier editions of the Newsletters and other archive material.
Information about the cost of joining Cheadle and Gatley U3A is in the Membership link opposite.
If you would like to join our U3A:
• Please read the New Members' Leaflet in the link opposite to give an overview.
• Please read the Newsletters in the link opposite to see details of our Groups.
• Both membership Application Forms and Renewal Forms for 2021 - 2022 can be downloaded from the links on the right.
• EITHER download, print and complete an application form from the link opposite and send it with a cheque to the address on the form.
• OR when monthly meetings resume you will be able to come along to any meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 1.15 at the URC Elm Road Gatley. Your first meeting is free, and there you can fill in an application form and join.
• For those unable to download and print Renewal and Application forms, they are available to collect from the porch of 16 Oakwood Avenue Gatley (along from Armenique).
Membership renewals are due from April 1st
Please note that you cannot enter your details onto either the Membership Application or Renewal Forms online. Please print the form and enter the details by hand. You can then apply for/renew your membership by post or at a monthly meeting.
PLEASE RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP PROMPTLY BY APRIL 30TH AT THE LATEST
Subscriptions may be paid by cheque, cash or bank transfer. Full details are on the 2021 - 2022 Application and Renewal forms.
If you would like us to be able to reclaim the tax on your annual subscription (known as a 'donation' for tax purposes), please download and fill in the Gift Aid Declaration Form in the links opposite. Many of you have now done this, and for anyone else who wishes to do so Gift Aid Forms will be available at the Monthly Open meetings. Thank you.
NORTH EAST CHESHIRE NETWORK OPEN GROUPS
Some Interest Groups within our local network (North East Cheshire) have been designated as ‘Open Groups’, and can be attended by members of other U3As in the Network. More details can be found on the Groups Page by clicking the Groups button above, and there is a list of Network Open Groups in the link opposite.
This website is comprehensively updated twice a year, in January and July on the publication of our Newsletters. If any user finds any error, typographical or factual, or omission, then please advise us using the Contact button above. Also, if any Group Coordinator wishes to add details about their group e.g. their forthcoming programme, advise us in the same way.