Welcome to the website of the Cheadle and Gatley U3A.
The group was formed in the summer of 2011
and we now have over 250 members with more than 30 Interest Groups operating.
COVID 19 OUTBREAK
During the current lockdown all Monthly Meetings and Interest Group Meetings have been suspended. Some Groups have, however, been meeting 'virtually'.
As it has been impossible to arrange a normal AGM this year, the Committee has decided to arrange one 'virtually' giving all renewed members the opportunity to vote, as being in the best interests of our U3A. This complies with the Charity Commission's regulations. All the relevant documents have been emailed or posted to our members and they can all be accessed by clicking on AGM 2020 in the sidebar.
By clicking on the buttons at the top of this page you can find the following information.
GROUPS Details of all our current Interest Groups and Open Groups within the NE Cheshire Network.
EVENTS Details of our regular Monthly Open Meetings.
CONTACT A contact form by which you can send an email message to Cheadle and Gatley U3A.
GALLERY A collection of all the images which can be found elsewhere on the website.
U3A Information about the National Organisation and National Events.
LINKS ON THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE
Click on the Links opposite to find, amongst other things:
• A New Members' Leaflet which gives outline details of Cheadle and Gatley U3A.
• Copies of the January and June 2020 Newsletters (with colour photographs)
These give comprehensive details about the activities of our Interest Groups over the last year, with contact and meeting details.
• Information about the North-West Regional U3A.
• The Cheadle and Gatley Safeguarding Policy.
• The Archive section which contains earlier editions of the Newsletters and other archive material.
Information about the cost of joining Cheadle and Gatley U3A is in the Membership link opposite.
If you would like to join our U3A:
• Please read the New Members' Leaflet in the link opposite to give an overview.
• Please read the latest Newsletter in the link opposite to see details of our Groups.
• EITHER download, print and complete an application form from the link opposite and send it with a cheque to the address on the form.
• OR come along to our next meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 1.15 at the URC Elm Road Gatley. Your first meeting is free, and there you can fill in an application form and join.
Membership renewals are due from April 1st
Please note that you cannot enter your details onto either the Membership Application or Renewal Forms online. Please print the form and enter the details by hand. You can then apply for/renew your membership by post or at the monthly meeting.
PLEASE RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP PROMPTLY
Renewals are due each April, and it would be most helpful if renewals were made at the March or April Monthly Meetings or
by post by the end of April at the latest.
If you would like us to be able to reclaim the tax on your annual subscription (known as a 'donation' for tax purposes), please download and fill in the Gift Aid Declaration Form in the links opposite. Many of you have now done this, and for anyone else who wishes to do so Gift Aid Forms will be available at the Monthly Open meetings. Thank you.
NORTH EAST CHESHIRE NETWORK OPEN GROUPS
Some Interest Groups within our local network (North East Cheshire) have been designated as ‘Open Groups’, and can be attended by members of other U3As in the Network. More details can be found on the Groups Page by clicking the Groups button above, and there is a list of Network Open Groups in the link opposite.
This website is comprehensively updated twice a year, in January and July on the publication of our Newsletters. If any user finds any error, typographical or factual, or omission, then please advise us using the Contact button above. Also, if any Group Coordinator wishes to add details about their group e.g. their forthcoming programme, advise us in the same way.