Apple iPad / iPhone
|When||Every 6 weeks||Thursday 10 a.m. - noon|
***** GROUP ACTIVITIES DURING THE COVID-19 LOCKDOWN *****
- Online meetings are taking place once a fortnight, using the Zoom video-conferencing software.
- An online quiz was held recently, using the Kahoot quiz software, where the questions are displayed on an iPad (or laptop/desktop) and the answers are made using an iPhone - great fun !
The group's first meeting was in June 2013, with 9 members attending (click the photo on the left). The group continues to thrive, with 32 current members attending one of 3 groups, with meetings held 6-weekly. Plus, there are 28 previous members who remain on the mailing list for important information updates.
Members own a range of devices (iPhones and iPads) which they bring to the meetings.
Some members have bought new devices during the year.
Apple continues to bring out new devices each year. There have been a total of 21 iPad models marketed since the first iPad in 2010, with over 400 million sold. This year (2019) there has been the iPad (7th generation), the iPad Air (3rd generation) and the iPad mini (5th generation).
In September 2019, Apple introduced the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro (which has 3 cameras) to the digital world.
You will find a very comprehensive list of all Apple iPads and iPhones ever produced ...
Or you can check this list of Apple devices to see which iOS or iPadOS is supported on your own device.
iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 were released in September, to coincide with the latest devices, but the operating systems have been plagued with bugs, which Apple are slowly squashing !! The new features are being investigated and discussed at recent meetings of each group.
During each meeting, time is allocated for ‘problem solving’, where members share experiences of problems they have encountered, and help others to solve their own problems. Problems are usually resolved, as long as Apple id’s and passwords can be remembered !!
Here are some of the topics discussed during the last year:
- Apple revenues, keynote presentations and prices of devices
- iOS 12, iOS 13, iPadOS 13
- iPhone 10 with Face id, Animoji and Memoji
- Group FaceTime
- Shared photo albums, live photos, photo albums in iOS 13
- Various apps were investigated (Fireplace, GridCarbon, Label printing, CityMapper, Google Translate, What3Words)
If you are interested in joining, please contact the group leader - Phil Singleton