Information Technology Help
A direct quote from the i newspaper under ‘Tech clinic’. "There are a number of things I would like to be able to do on my PC that I cannot do because I have no idea how. I have tried a few basic night-school lessons but either the tutor takes us in directions I do not want to go, or everyone in the group is clamouring to learn different things."
So why is this group any different. Well! Erm!
Firstly the aims of the group are to help YOU:
• Gain confidence in using your PC/Laptop/Tablet or Smartphone
• Make you more aware of the many functions available
The sessions will be a combination of 1) Structured courses using a projector, and 2)One to One where a tutor can give you individual attention.
• Computer essentials, navigating through the various options and techniques
• Creating folders and copying/moving files between them as well as to/from external storage devices such as cameras, phones and memory sticks
• Creating and editing documents
• Sending and receiving e-mails
• Browsing the Internet
• Simple Excel Spreadsheets
• Managing your Photos
Everyone, from the novice to Improvers+, can work at their own pace in a relaxed and friendly environment.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the group meetings. The meetings will be advertised via email and will generally take place on Thursdays at the Methodist Church. A contribution to the room fee will be charged. Tea and biscuits are negotiable.
Luke Wilson and Rhona Wadsworth, Group Leaders, click on the blue bird to send a message.