Annual General Meeting
BUXTON AND DISTRICT u3a NOTICE OF THE PROCESS for The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING being held on Wednesday 12 May 2021 @ 10am
Coronavirus lock-down regulations prevent us meeting face-to-face. Our u3a is a charity and The Charity Commission has given permission for u3as to go outside their normal constitutional arrangements for holding an AGM. Your Committee decided at a meeting held on 01 February 2021 to use this permission. This was with the specific purpose of safeguarding the good governance of the organization by causing the essential work of an AGM to go ahead.
HOW ARE WE GOING TO MANAGE THIS REPLACEMENT FOR A CONVENTIONAL AGM?
The committee has discussed this with the Third Age Trust who have advised and agreed the following process:
All paper work and voting forms will be emailed or posted and voting will take place prior to the virtual AGM on Wednesday 12th May 2021 @ 10am. The virtual AGM, by Zoom, is where you will hear the results of your votes.
The reason we have chosen this method is that it allows ALL members the chance to vote, whereas voting at an online AGM does not.
THE PROCESS in detail:
- All AGM papers and resolutions – Form B Resolutions and appointments - will be sent by email by Friday 9th April 2021
- Papers received by EMAIL will have a link at the end of Form B which will take you directly to the on line voting Form C. It is very simple.
For those sharing an email address the form can be used twice. Anyone not comfortable with this method will be able to download a paper Voting Form C from the website.
- Those who have difficulties with the voting process, can contact Fiona on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07957 242676 who will be happy to help you through the process.
- All votes must be submitted no later than Wednesday 5th May 2021 – NB this is one week before we hold the virtual AGM.
- On both the postal and online voting forms, there will be a proxy voting option. In the case of the latter, you will be able to allow the Chair to vote on your behalf as she sees fit.
- The number of completed voting papers received will represent the number of members participating in this AGM process.
- Those who paid their subscriptions last year, for the year, 2020-21, will be eligible to vote in this years AGM. A quorum will be deemed to be a minimum of 10% of those eligible, returning their voting papers by the deadline.
- The online AGM will be held on 12th May 2021 at 10am. The Zoom link will be sent out a few days before.
The Agenda for the online AGM on the 12th May 2021 will be as follows:
2. Apologies for absence.
3. Chair’s report.
4. The results of the votes received for all the resolutions.
5. Committee appointments.
6. Any matters arising.
You will receive by email, all information for your consideration in Form B - the resolutions, by Friday 9th April 2021
This will include the link to your voting Form C
Voting forms must be submitted no later than Wednesday 5th May 2021
Please remember to check your Spam folder if you have not received Form B by 9th April
A date for your diaries:
We are holding an Open Forum Q & A session by Zoom on Thursday 15th April at 10am.
Hopefully we will be able to answer any queries you may have, however, if you want to send any questions by email in advance, that would also be acceptable. It may allow us to give you a fuller answer on the day. If you would prefer to do this, please email your question to me email@example.com
We will not minute or record the meeting.
The link for this will be sent out a few days before.
Chair, Buxton & District u3a