Wildlife Walks -
|Meeting dates||4th Tuesday in the month|
|Meeting time||10.30 am|
This group is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information.
Each walk will be between 1.5 - 2.5 miles long and be arranged by group members , discussing various aspects of all the living things around us.
The Walking groups in BJU3A
We have six Groups covering a range of walking distances, terrain and duration
- Wildlife Walks is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information.
- Country Walks are not particularly strenuous, with walks of about two hours over easier terrain.
- Ramblers 1 and 2 walks are usually 6-8 miles, start at Burton Joyce or within 30 minutes of it, and end at a pub for lunch. Ramblers 1 meets on the First Wednesday in the month; Ramblers 2 on the 3rd.
- Ramblers-Plus group bridges between Ramblers and Hikers walks
- Hikers group has the longest walks usually lasting all day and sometimes involving more challenging terrain.
For details of each group please click on the relevant pages