|Group Co-ordinator||Paul Geeson 07969 068214|
|Venue||Local and further afield|
|Meeting dates||3rd Wednesday in the month|
|Meeting time||10.00 am|
Ramblers 2 is one of 6 walking groups we have (see below for details)
The starting point for our walks is generally Burton Joyce, or within 30 minutes drive, and the walks are usually between 6 to 8 miles long. They can include footpaths tracks, and farmland, sometimes with hills and woodland, and occasionally with styles and kissing gates. Most of our walks can be found on the ordnance survey maps. Incorporating a coffee break, our walks usually finish about 13.00 - 13.30pm. We usually end at a pub for lunch.
The groups comprises friendly, like-minded people from all walks of life, but with a common interest of enjoying the natural history around us, and in learning a little more about the history of points of interest and the villages in Nottinghamshire.
The group’s Co-ordinator will e-mail all members of the Group 10-14 days prior to the walk taking place, advising members of the starting point, time, type of walk and area that we shall be covering. The Co-ordinator may lead the walk, but we try to encourage all our group’s members to organise and lead a walk, which gives more variety in the type of walk.
We do feel that it is desirable that prospective ramblers have prior experience of this kind of walk.
If you enjoy a good walk and a chat do come and try us.
The Walking groups in BJU3A
We have six Groups covering a range of walking distances, terrain and duration
- Wildlife Walks is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information.
- Country Walks are not particularly strenuous, with walks of about two hours over easier terrain.
- Ramblers 1 and 2 walks are usually 6-8 miles, start at Burton Joyce or within 30 minutes of it, and end at a pub for lunch. Ramblers 1 meets on the First Wednesday in the month; Ramblers 2 on the 3rd.
- Ramblers-Plus group bridges between Ramblers and Hikers walks
- Hikers group has the longest walks usually lasting all day and sometimes involving more challenging terrain.
For details of each group please click on the relevant pages