Rambles - Plus
|Group Co-ordinators||Paul Geeson 07969 068214|
|Meeting dates||1st Wednesday in the month|
|Meeting time||10:00 am|
The Group Coordinator, or the Walk Leader will e mail all members of the Group 10-14 days prior to the walk taking place, advising members of the starting point, time and the area that we will be covering.The Coordinator will lead the walk but other members of the group are encouraged to organise and lead the walks as this ensures more variety.
"Group Aims" :
- Walks of up to 10 miles, with the likelihood of multiple stiles, using footpaths, tracks and farmland .
- The intention is to achieve an average walking pace of 2.5MPH or more as walks progress .
During 2020 the group will be walking the Derwent Valley Heritage Trail from Matlock and the first half of the Trent Valley Way in sections of 8 to 10 miles.
If you enjoy a good walk and a chat do come and try us.
The Walking groups in BJU3A
We have six Groups covering a range of walking distances, terrain and duration
- Wildlife Walks is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information.
- Country Walks are not particularly strenuous, with walks of about two hours over easier terrain.
- Ramblers 1 and 2 walks are usually 6-8 miles, start at Burton Joyce or within 30 minutes of it, and end at a pub for lunch. Ramblers 1 meets on the First Wednesday in the month; Ramblers 2 on the 3rd.
- Ramblers-Plus group bridges between Ramblers and Hikers walks
- Hikers group has the longest walks usually lasting all day and sometimes involving more challenging terrain.
For details of each group please click on the relevant pages