|Group Co-ordinator||Paul Geeson 07969 068214|
|Venue||Local and further afield|
|Meeting dates||2nd Wednesday in the month|
|Meeting time||All day, start times vary|
The Hikers provide longer walks than those organized by the Ramblers group and have joint walks in collaboration with Arnold U3A.
Our walks usually last all day, covering a distance of 10 to 13 miles. These can be circular or linear walks e.g. we completed the full Robin Hood Way walk, which is 104 miles. We did this in 10 sections, catching buses and trams to get us to the start and from the finish of each section whenever practicable.
Also, we have joined with other U3As to complete the Chesterfield Canal Walk.
Our members take it in turns to plan and recce our monthly walks that are normally circular routes in interesting local countryside.
We welcome new members to the Group.
BJU3A has 6 walking Groups covering a range of walking distances, terrain and duration:
- Wildlife Walks is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information .
- Country Walks are not particularly strenuous, with walks of about two hours over easier terrain.
- Ramblers walks are usually 6-8 miles ( Ramblers 1 and Ramblers 2)
- Rambles-Plus group bridges between Ramblers and Hikers
- Hikers group has the longest walks usually lasting all day and sometimes more challenging terrain.
For details of each group please click on the relevant pages