|Group Co-ordinator||Cowan Jamieson, 07835 715545|
|Venue||Various local venues|
|Meeting dates||Third Monday of the month|
The Country Walks group is a friendly group of walkers. The walks are not too strenuous and are approximately three to five miles long over easy terrain, (about one and a half to two and a half hours steady walking), which means we have the shortest walk of the groups.
We usually meet in a pub car park, at the start of the walk .The walks are always circular so we end back at a pub, this is done for a purpose as most of us then retire to the pub for lunch or refreshment, but this is up to the individual.
We are a popular group with a healthy membership but not all attend every time so there is no limit to the numbers in the group. The average attendance is about fifteen to twenty for each walk.To join the group just sign up at the monthly meeting or just turn up in good time on the day (walk details are in Newsline).
The Walking groups in BJU3A
We have six Groups covering a range of walking distances, terrain and duration
- Wildlife Walks is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information.
- Country Walks are not particularly strenuous, with walks of about two hours over easier terrain.
- Ramblers 1 and 2 walks are usually 6-8 miles, start at Burton Joyce or within 30 minutes of it, and end at a pub for lunch. Ramblers 1 meets on the First Wednesday in the month; Ramblers 2 on the 3rd.
- Ramblers-Plus group bridges between Ramblers and Hikers walks
- Hikers group has the longest walks usually lasting all day and sometimes involving more challenging terrain.
For details of each group please click on the relevant pages