If you have not yet been along to one of our monthly meetings, we would encourage you to do so before applying to join. That way you can meet us and get to know us better and find out about our Groups, before committing yourself to joining BJU3A. Prospective members, who are interested in specific group(s) are also allowed to attend one of these group meetings before committing. Please contact the appropriate Group Coordinator to make the necessary arrangements.
You can also find out much more by reading the sections entitled About Us,Frequently Asked Questions and an Introduction to U3A using the links to the right.
To see a copy of our Constitution, and to read more about Governance, and our Safeguarding and Data Protection policies please Click on the Reference header.
Complete the form and either hand it to any committee member at the monthly meeting or, post it to Caroline Roberts, BJU3A Membership Secretary, 16, Lambley Lane, Burton Joyce Nottingham NG14 5BG.
We have an annual subscription and our membership year starts each year on the 1st September. The annual fees are set out in the table on the right. Pl
When you first join you pay a pro rata amount that covers your membership from the month of joining to the following 31st August.The monthly amount is detailed on the application form. Thereafter it is an annual subscription.
Your subscription includes:#
- Speaker and venue hire costs at our monthly meetings
- Refreshments at our monthly meetings, including our Annual General Meeting, and our December/Christmas 2019 meeting
- Your download copy of our monthly newsletter, Newsline
- Affiliation fee to the Third Age Trust
- The quarterly magazine “Third Age Matters” published by the Third Age Trust (full members only)
- Third party insurance cover
- Video/DVD and resource hire service through the Third Age Trust
- Membership of as many groups as you wish.
The following items are not covered by your subscription
- Refreshments at a Group’s meetings;
- Cost of venue and/or equipment hire and/or other incidental costs specific to an individual Group’s activities;
- Travel costs to/from the venue for the Monthly Meeting;
- Travel costs to/from the venue(s) for a Group’s meetings; and,
- Travel, refreshments, entry/admission or any other costs for any one-off talks, lectures, visits or excursions whether organized by the Committee, an individual Group, or by individual member(s).
Note: †† There are additional charges for some Groups. Where these apply, they will be clearly stated on the page dealing with that Group’s activities.