|Group Co-ordinator||Keith Bowker 07592008962|
|Venue||Local and further afield|
|Meeting dates||Last Wednesday in the month|
|Meeting time||10.00 am|
Walks are normally 5 to 6 miles in length and usually start and begin at a pub. We walk at an easy pace and enjoy the surrounding countryside.
The walking Groups in BJU3A
We have six Groups covering a range of walking distances, terrain and duration
- Wildlife Walks is for members that enjoy a stroll around lakes, along river banks , or through woodland to enjoy the countryside around us, whilst sharing information.
- Country Walks are not particularly strenuous, with walks of about two hours over easier terrain.
- Ramblers 1 and 2 walks are usually 6-8 miles, start at Burton Joyce or within 30 minutes of it, and end at a pub for lunch. Ramblers 1 meets on the Last Wednesday in the month; Ramblers 2 on the 3rd.
- Ramblers-Plus group bridges between Ramblers and Hikers walks
- Hikers group has the longest walks usually lasting all day and sometimes involving more challenging terrain.
See the individual group pages for details