Join / Renew
Members of the U3A are only asked to provide information that is relevant for membership purposes and can be assured that the information is used appropriately and for the following purposes only.
(Name, Address, email address, telephone number and gift aid entitlement.) :
• Communicating with members about the U3A’s events and activities
• Group convenors communicating with their members about specific group activities.
• Adding members details to the direct mailing information for the Third Age Trust magazines
• Sending members information about Third Age Trust events and activities.
• Communicating with members about their membership and/or renewal of their membership.
• Communicating with members about specific issues that may have arisen during the course of their membership.
• Sending member information to HMRC electronically (if happy to do so) to support Gift Aid claim.
Individual Annual membership is £20.00
Joint Annual Membership, for two people living at the same address, is £30.00
This is the cost per year starting on 1st September and continuing until 31st August the following year.
- Please note: If you join after 1st April you will get membership until 1st September in the following year, i.e. 17 months for the price of 12.
Our Newsletters are usually sent out by email. If you do not have email, simply add another £5.00 and we will post your copies to you.
If applying for, or renewing, a joint membership and one of you is eligible for Gift Aid, always put that person's name first.
- Please read and note the Gift Aid requirement further down.
Option 1. YOU CAN JOIN OR RENEW ON-LINE.
Pay using a debit or credit card or a paypal account. Our payment page is hosted by Paypal, but there is absolutely no requirement to have a paypal account - simply Check Out as a Guest . You will find all options available (please see note at bottom of page).
After joining or renewing, you will receive a confirmation from PayPal that your payment went through ok.
You will also receive an email from Bristol U3A with your membership card attached.
- If this does not come within a few minutes, email me: email@example.com.
For NEW members ONLY, JOIN ON-LINE BY CLICKING HERE
If you are CURRENTLY a member, CLICK HERE TO RENEW
This link also enables you to:
- alter to your contact details,
- look at the groups
- check your personal U3A diary,
Joint members may renew this way only if they are remaining as joint members. If not, go to option 2.
- If one of you is eligible for Gift Aid, please renew by using that member's details.
Option 2. YOU CAN JOIN OR RENEW BY POST AND PAY BY CHEQUE.
The application form can be downloaded and posted, with your cheque and a stamped addressed envelope, to the Membership Secretary.
Don't forget, if you join after 1st April, you will get membership until the following September, i.e. 17 months for the price of 12.
To download the form, click here to: JOIN OR RENEW BY POST
Only complete the section on Gift Aid if you are happy for the data to be transferred to HMRC electronically
If you are a UK taxpayer, whether by payment of tax or by deduction from investment income etc., and pay more Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in one tax year, Bristol U3A can reclaim tax equal to 1/4 of your subscription at no cost to you. It is necessary to tick the box every year in order to assure HMRC you are still alive!
- For joint membership, please put your name first.
PayPal will not open a PayPal account for you when you use your credit or debit card with PayPal Account Optional.