This group explores the diversity of our industries,
technologies, our historic past, lifestyles and culture.
The activies are open to all Bradgate U3A members
The aim is to visit places of interest while keeping costs to a minimum
This is achieved by using members cars as transport.
The group needs the support of car owners so that the job does not fall
on the shoulders of the same 4 or 5 people.
Our latest excursion:
Nottingham - The Halls of Justice, Wednesday 22nd March
We met at Jubilee Hall car park then travel by car share to the Clifton Park and ride and took the bus to The Broardmarsh centre then waked to the Halls of Justice. Here we were taken on a guided walk, first around the historic Lace Quarter with many tales of hangings and reasurectionists following this we had a tour round the old police station. In the afternooon we had a second tour through the many caves which are under the Broadmarsh Centre and illustrate some of the 800 years of occupation and habitation we returned home arriving at Jubilee Hall aroud 5:30
Our programme for 2016 included:
- ---- The Brewery Museum at Burton on Trent.
- ---- Hough Mill Swannington.
- ---- Bletchley Park, WWII codebreaking centre
- ---- The National Car Museum at Coventry.
- ---- The Fred Dibnah Heritage centre.
- ---- Boundary Mills Nr Grantham
In 2017 the group has so farundertaken excursions to:
- ---- 11th January Cromford Mill Derbyshire
- ---- 19th January The Frog Prince, a pantomime at the Concordia theatre Hinckley
- ---- 9th February Taylors Bell foundry Loughborough tour and hot metal pouring
- ---- 22th March Nottingham, Halls of Justice and City of Caves exhibition
- ---- 10th May Keightley and Howarth - now fully booked
- ---- 12th April National motor cycle museum, Bickenwell — now fully booked
- ---- 24th May Crich tramway museum bookings from April meeting
Still in the planning stage:
- ---- 12th July Lycester Hospital Warwick and possibly Stratford on Avon
- ---- 9th August Seaside Trip to Skegness by bus
- ---- 13th September Newark town walks or pottery museum Derby
- ---- 11th October Tattashall and the memorial flight
- ---- 8th November Stoke Bruerne canal museum
- ---- December There is no activity being planned
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.