Committee and Other Officials
Our U3A is a Registered Charity, No 1157184; all the Committee Members listed below are Trustees:
|Treasurer & Vice-Chair:||Paul Clark|
|Membership Secretary:||Phil Johnson|
|Groups Co-ordinator & Assistance Officer:||Joyce Smith (see note below)|
|Newsletter Editor:||Christine Gorton|
|New Members\' Liaison:||Mary Bryant|
|Publicity Officer:||Roger Harris|
|Speakers\' Secretary:||Merryl Phillips|
The member listed below is not a Committee Member or Trustee:
|Equipment Officer:||Ken Lamacraft|
- Committee Meetings are normally held on the first Monday of every month at the George Moore Community Centre, Moore Road, Bourton-on-the-Water.
- The next Committee Meeting is now scheduled for 22nd July 2020 but remains subject to further change if necessary.
- To contact a Committee Member: please click on their related Job Designation.
- Details of the duties and responsibilities of Trustees are shown on a separate Trustee Information page.
Joyce Smith has been combining the role of Groups’ Coordinator with her original role of Assistance Office for some time and has done an excellent job. However, she would now like to relinquish the Groups’ Coordinator role and we are seeking a volunteer to replace her. I am delighted that Joyce will be continuing as Assistance Officer.
The Groups' Coordinator will be a Committee Member and Trustee; the role involves:
- Being the first point of contact for Group Organisers (GOs).
- Encouraging the development of new groups and assisting with initial stages of set up.
- Distributing up-to-date information to GOs about running their groups legally and safely.
- Supporting any groups that are struggling and helping to resolve any disputes.
- Organising the GOs’ annual meeting/lunch.
If you think you might be able to help and would enjoy this rewarding role please contact me, or any Committee Member, for a chat.