Out and About
This Group normally meets once a month for outings mainly in the London Suburbs and Shires, but occasionally seaside trips, using public transport. If you have difficulty in walking, please check with the Leader first whether a trip will be suitable for you.
What you need to know about the revamped Out and About Group.
Due to restrictions imposed because of the Covid 19 virus whereby many indoor activities have to be booked in advance, some changes have been made to how the Group is run:
1. Outings will no longer be “Turn up and Go”, nor open to all U3A members.
2. Like most Groups, you will need to be a member. At present the Group is full, but a waiting list is open.
3. Outings will be advertised in the quarterly Newsletter (only place and date) or by email or phone.
4. Outings will need to be pre-booked with the group Leader, when the meeting point and time will be advised.
5. Numbers on outings will be restricted to between 6 and 10 members as many venues require pre-booking and possible difficulties in finding eating places.In addition to the monthly outings,it is intended to have a walk and/or lunch on the third Monday of the month.