201807 - Museum of Power
4 July 2018 Visit to the Museum of Power, Langford near Maldon.#
The Museum of Power is located in the former Southend Waterworks (now Essex & Suffolk Water) Pumping Station. The pumping Station was built in 1924 & opened in 1927 it continued pumping fresh (treated) water using steam engines until 1963 when electric pumps took over.
One engine `Marshall` and pump set has been preserved & thanks to efforts from the museum`s volunteers were brought back into steam in 2011. The museum runs 10 steam days a year.
Our thanks to photographers Sue Lewsey and Tony Parr.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.