Derbyshire U3A Cluster Information
This was set up in 2016 to give members in one U3A opportunities to participate in a few activities of another Cluster member without joining the other U3A.
If a U3A is not a member of the Cluster its members have to pay an Associate Member fee to the Cluster U3A that they are joining. Membership of the Cluster is voluntary.
The following rules have been drawn up by Derbyshire U3A network:-
• Members of one Cluster U3A are able to join an interest group in another Cluster U3A.
• This is limited to a maximum of three interest groups per member.
• Cluster members pay no extra fee but are, of course, liable for their share of the running costs of the group.
• Members must carry their home U3A membership card with them.
• Visitors must abide by any rules or stipulations of the receiving U3A.
• Group Leaders may decide, for whatever reason, that they do not want cluster members in their group.
• It is up to individual members to make contact with the group leader and to find out arrangements.
• Associate Membership. Associate Membership fees are payable only if Cluster members want to join more than three interest groups in another U3A or to regularly attend another U3A's monthly open meetings.
Please Note:- when a Cluster member joins a group in Belper & District U3A, they should contact the Membership Secretary to provide the following details:- name, address, postcode, telephone number and name of their home U3A.
U3A groups in the Derbyshire Cluster
• Alfreton and District
• Belper and District
• Hope Valley
• Long Eaton and District
• New Mills
• Ripley and District