Crafts - Group 1
This group is only open to current Members of the Belper and District U3A or one of the Derbyshire Cluster U3As.
- Meeting details Monthly on the Second Thursday afternoon of each month in member's homes for practical sessions
- Costs attached The cost of materials for projects, travel expenses for visits to exhibitions or places of interest, cost of refreshments when hosting a meeting.
- Who it will suit Anyone with an interest of any kind who wants to learn, share or just enjoy crafts.
- What the group is aiming to do To explore different crafts with others, to help and encourage each other to improve or learn skills or to widen experiences
- Examples of activities, past or planned Doll making, Patchwork and Quilting, Box making, felting, knitting, crochet, weaving workshops and trips to exhibitions, museums and art galleries.
We are very open to suggestions and enjoy new things.
Visits have been made to various shows and exhibitions relating to Craft: The Threshing Barn, near Leek and to a textiles exhibition at Cromford Mill.
Courses have also been attended on rug making, creative knitting and felt making.
This group is currently full
For further information please contact the group co-ordinator to add your name to the waiting list by clicking on the 'mail-to' envelope in the top right-hand corner of this page.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.