|Convenor: Lynda Ayres|
|No Vacancies - Waiting List|
|Date: Wednesday Mornings|
Meet: Bell Tower by the churchyard at the end of New Market, Beccles,
The Cycling Group is currently operating with small groups of up to six riders to comply with current Covid regulations.
The group is full. However, if interested please contact the Convenor to be added to the waiting list.
To cycle for enjoyment around Beccles and beyond.
The rides are approximately 20 to 30 miles distance, the average speed is 10mph, along cycle routes and country lanes avoiding main roads whenever possible.
The rides will include a refreshment stop either during the ride or back in Beccles at the end.
Rides will be cancelled if inclement weather is forecast.
Group members will take turns in leading the ride with regular stops to ensure that no one gets left behind.
- To give their personal contact details (email and telephone numbers) and Emergency Contact details (name of contact with telephone number) to the Convenor.
- Ensure that the Ride Leader has the above information at the beginning of the ride.
- All riders are responsible for their own safety and need to have an awareness of other road users, including other members of the cycling group.
- All riders need to be confident that they are fit enough to safely complete a ride of approx. 20 to 30 miles distance with an average speed of 10mph.
- Ensure that bicycles are roadworthy. It is advisable to travel with a pump and spare inner tube.
- All riders to wear cycle helmets.