|Convenor: Paul Gurbutt||Vacancies|
|Date: 2nd Monday of each month||No waiting list|
|Time: 2.30pm until 4.30pm|
|Venue: Beccles Library|
MEDIAEVAL HISTORY - DOMESDAY TO 1500
Please note the next 3 meetings will be on
Monday, 18 November 2019 (Note this is the THIRD Monday, not the second as usual)
Monday, 9 December 2019
Monday, 13 January 2020
Please contact the convenor for more information - you can use the Bird to send a message.
Current interests include:-
- Are there tunnels under the centre of Beccles and if so where?
- What do the Beccles manor court rolls tell us about life in 15th century Beccles
- How to decipher medieval documents
- Street names and other place names in Beccles
This group will try to uncover what Beccles was like during this period.
This we shall do by finding out:
- who lived in Beccles;
- what they did;
- what they owned;
- whether they were affected by national events (e.g., the black death, religious upheavals (e.g., the Lollards), famine and the peasants revolt);
We shall see what we can discover from both published articles and original documents.
|Some medieval historians at their July meeting.|