Digital Photography - Presentations
Recent Meetings and Presentations
Wednesday 15th January 2020:
- Guest Speaker : For the meeting held on 15th January, our guest speaker for the day was Paul from the Beccles Camera Club, who showed some great photos, and brought a collection of gadgets that he used to get the shots. His entertaining and informative talk gave us ideas on how to make and use these things - often using bits of stuff found around the home.
Wednesday 5th February 2020:
- Using White Balance : Today we had a presentation from group member John, who gave a talk on the theory and practicality of "White Balance" and how to use it to be creative. This was added to at the end with a presentation on using the camera manual to find out about using White Balance on their own camera, and how the settings have become more complex with each generation of new camera.
Wednesday 19th February 2020:
- A know your camera session : What do the knobs, menus and functions on your camera do? and why would you use them. Do you know what a histogram is and how to access it? Are time delay, burst and flash control obvious?
Wednesday 4th March 2020:
- What is ISO?: This was a presentation by Graham about understanding what ISO is and how to use it. With a passing mention of Aperture, Shutter Speed and the Exposure Triangle.
- The theme for photo submissions today was the letter "T".
Check the Photo Gallery page to see your photographs.
|From time to time during meetings we have presentations from both, members and special guests,|
|these presentations are sometimes made available after the event for us to view at our leisure.|
|This following links are where you can find some of them and maybe refresh your memory.|
|Online Presentations||:||Right Click to "Open in new tab or window"|
|* - Colour Theory||:||Colour Theory|
|* - The Rule of Thirds||:||The Rule of Thirds|
|* - Composition Round Up||:||Composition Round Up|
|* - All about Aperture f-stops||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - All about Shutter Speeds||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - All about ISO settings||:||What is ISO ?|
|* - The Exposure Triangle||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Exposure Compensation||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - All about White Balance||:||White Balance Theory|
|* -||:||White Balance Settings|
|* - Lighting and Flash||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Histograms||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Camera Mode Dial||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Manual or Auto Mode||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Shooting in "Raw"||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Portrait Photography Part 1||:||Portrait Photography One - Who, What, Where and Why|
|* - Portrait Photography Part 2||:||Portrait Photography Two - Lighting and Black&White|
|* - Landscape||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Using Filters||:||Introduction to Filters for Photography|
|* - Panoramas||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Sport and Action||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Animals and Wildlife||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Night Photography||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Macro and Close Up||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - Audio/Video AV||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - plus more . . .|
|* - Photography Checklist||:||Photography Checklist|
|* -||:||Photography Checklist Handout|
|* - Why I choose My Camera||:||My Lumix DMC-G7|
|* - Ways to Store Your Images||:||* - - - - - -|
|* - How to Present Topics||:||* - - - - - -|
|Editing Photos on a Computer||:|
|* - Using Windows Photos App||:||Editing Photos in Windows|