NEWS, NOTICES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
OUTING TO ARUNDEL CASTLE OR TANGMERE AIRCRAFT MUSEUM
Tuesday 8th October
The trip has two options, the coach will drop those going to Arundel off first, then continue on to Tangmere for those visiting the Aircraft Museum. It will leave Tangmere mid afternoon and pick the first party back up in Arundel, before heading back to Maidstone. Details as folllows:
Pick Up: Tesco bus stop Grove Green
Return by: 17:30/18:00 traffic dependant
Option 1 - Arundel Castle
Coach + Driver tip + Full Castle Entry £29.00(Concession) p/p
Coach will drop this party first close to the castle entrance. The entry ticket allows entry to Castle Bedrooms, Main Castle Rooms, Castle Keep, Fitzalan Chapel, The Collector Earl’s Gardens, Gardens and Grounds. There is a licensed restaurant and a lunch cafe within the castle, or you may like to take a picnic.
The Arundel Museum is near by and should you wish to visit you will need to pay the entry fee yourself, which is an additional £1.00 , if you show your castle ticket.
The coach will pick us up from Arundel at 16:00 for our return trip to Maidstone.
Option 2 - Tangmere Aircraft Museum
Coach + Driver tip + Aircraft Museum Entry £21.00 p/p
After dropping off the Arundel party, the coach will continue on to Tangmere Aircraft Museum, with an approx arrival time of 10:30. You will have free time until 15:15 when you will reboard the coach, collecting the Arundel party en-route before heading back to Maidstone. This visit will include a talk by one of the museum staff and there is a NAAFI style luncheon cafe.
As usual seats can be booked through Jenny our Treasurer using the bluebird send a message button at the top of this page.
Learn how to be aware and prevent being a victim of Cybercrime.
Come to Detling Village Hall on Monday 30th September between 1pm and 3pm for a presentation by Aimee Payne. She is a Prevent and Protect Officer from the Kent & Essex Serious Crime Directorate.
Contact Robin our Membership Secretary to book a seat for yourselves and your friends and acquaintances if you wish.
A Christmas Lunch is being arranged at the Friars, Aylsford, Kent on Friday 20th. December, 2019. As you will see from the Menu the price is £32. 00 per person. A £5. 00 deposit is required to secure your seat. Please let Jenny our %Treasurer$ know if you are interested as soon as possible using the blur pigeon send a message button at the top of this page. To view the menu click Christmas Menu on the Links panel at the side of the page.
Tuesday 24th September
The September lunch will be at The Park Gate Inn, Maidstone Road, Hollingbourne, ME17 1PG on the 24th September, 12.30 for 1.00. Click The Park Gate Inn in the Links panel at the side of this page for details.
CALL PUSH RESCUE
After the talk and training at the end of the July meeting the British Heart Foundation site How to do CPR may be useful. Click How to do CPR in the Links panel at the side of the page.
MEDWAY U3A JAZZ INTEREST GROUP
Public Web Forum
In case it should be of any interest to our members, Medway U3A have told us that their Jazz Interest Group has its own public web forum, which has now been running for over a year. To visit the site click Medway U3A Jazz Forum in the Links panel at the side of this page.
OMNI MUSICA GROUP - A new music group has now started. Do you play a musical instrument? Perhaps you used to play a while ago but might be a bit rusty. Omni Musica Group will be aimed at those who can read music and have moved beyond the 'absolute beginner' stage. We will play three or four part arrangements covering a whole variety of music, from 'Renaissance' to 'Rock & Roll', with all pieces being arranged specifically for our group. To register an interest, please email the OMG coordinator by clicking the blue pigeon logo above. Meetings are held on the 2nd & 5th Tuesday of the month in the church room at Holy Cross in Bearsted. This ia a shared group with members from Maidstone and Bearsted U3A. See the OMG group page for details and music.
SPEAKERS AT MONTHLY MEETINGS
- Although we have to book speakers months or sometimes years in advance we are always very keen to hear members suggestions and recommendations for speakers or subjects for our monthly meetings. Use the blue pigeon send a message button to send a quick email to our Speakers Secretary Malcolm who will be pleased to hear your views.
GROUP CO-ORDINATORS PAGE
- A Group Co-ordinators page has been created to provide additional information for group co-ordinators. Go to the GROUPS page and click the Group Co-ordinators option.
CAR SHARING & LIFTS
- If you are able to car share it is the easiest way to reduce the car parking pressure at our monthly meetings.
- Are you unable to get to monthly meetings due to lack of transport? Could you transport additional members to the meetings? Add your name to the Lifts page if you are seeking a lift or are able to provide a lift to our monthly meetings. To view the page click the Lifts button at the top of this page,
- Bearsted & District U3A have been in correspondence with The Inland Revenue and we would advise all members that gift aid will not be claimed.
A U3A tradition
- If your Group Leader is kind enough to provide refreshments in their home during your Group meeting, it is a well established U3A custom to leave a donation, as we do at our general meetings.
USEFUL IT LINKS
- Click here for a page of useful IT links and then click one of the listed links to go there.