NEWS, NOTICES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Another of these popular sessions will be held on Wednesday 4th March 2020 at Detling Village Hall. 14:00 -16:00 hrs.
£1 per person (pay on day) to cover the cost of the hall.
If you have an IPad/Tablet and would like to learn more then come along. No formal teaching, all self-help with other members. What you know someone else may not! This is for anyone that either has knowledge on using Tablets and is able to share that knowledge or for those that would like to learn a little bit more.
Tuesday 25th February
Monthly lunches are in various local pubs and restaurants. The next lunch is on Tuesday 25th February 2020 at The Cock Horse Inn Detling, 39 The Street, Detling, Maidstone ME14 3JT - 12.30 for 1.00 p.m..
CALL PUSH RESCUE
After the talk and training at the end of the July meeting the British Heart Foundation site How to do CPR may be useful. Click How to do CPR in the Links panel at the side of the page.
MEDWAY U3A JAZZ INTEREST GROUP
Public Web Forum
In case it should be of any interest to our members, Medway U3A have told us that their Jazz Interest Group has its own public web forum, which has now been running for over a year. To visit the site click Medway U3A Jazz Forum in the Links panel at the side of this page.
OMNI MUSICA GROUP - A new music group has now started. Do you play a musical instrument? Perhaps you used to play a while ago but might be a bit rusty. Omni Musica Group will be aimed at those who can read music and have moved beyond the 'absolute beginner' stage. We will play three or four part arrangements covering a whole variety of music, from 'Renaissance' to 'Rock & Roll', with all pieces being arranged specifically for our group. To register an interest, please email the OMG coordinator by clicking the blue pigeon logo above. Meetings are held on the 2nd & 5th Tuesday of the month in the church room at Holy Cross in Bearsted. This ia a shared group with members from Maidstone and Bearsted U3A. See the OMG group page for details and music.
SPEAKERS AT MONTHLY MEETINGS
- Although we have to book speakers months or sometimes years in advance we are always very keen to hear members suggestions and recommendations for speakers or subjects for our monthly meetings. Use the blue pigeon send a message button to send a quick email to our Speakers Secretary Steve who will be pleased to hear your views.
GROUP CO-ORDINATORS PAGE
- A Group Co-ordinators page has been created to provide additional information for group co-ordinators. Go to the GROUPS page and click the Group Co-ordinators option.
CAR SHARING & LIFTS
- If you are able to car share it is the easiest way to reduce the car parking pressure at our monthly meetings.
- Are you unable to get to monthly meetings due to lack of transport? Could you transport additional members to the meetings? Add your name to the Lifts page if you are seeking a lift or are able to provide a lift to our monthly meetings. To view the page click the Lifts button at the top of this page,
- Bearsted & District U3A have been in correspondence with The Inland Revenue and we would advise all members that gift aid will not be claimed.
A U3A tradition
- If your Group Leader is kind enough to provide refreshments in their home during your Group meeting, it is a well established U3A custom to leave a donation, as we do at our general meetings.
USEFUL IT LINKS
- Click here for a page of useful IT links and then click one of the listed links to go there.