NEWS, NOTICES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
POST OFFICE MUSEUM & SPITTLEFIELD MARKET
Friday 2nd August 2019.
08:00 Depart from Tesco Grove Green
10:00 Post Office Museum including postal train ride and time to explore the museum
12:30 Coach will transport us to Old Spittlefield Market
13:00 At the market time to explore, and maybe purchase your lunch
14:30 Join a 90 minute guided walking tour of Hugeunot Spittlefield Area
16:00 Depart London to Maidstone, arriving arround 17:45/18:00
The price is £38.50 per person to include coach, driver tip, museum & train entry, guided walking tour, and of course Sajid Javid's new London Congestion charge, which has sadly caused all coach companies to raise their prices.
For further details click Spittlefields in the Links panel at the side of this page.
To book your seat contact Jenny our Treasurer using the blue pigeon send a message button at the top of this page.
Tuesday 25th June
The June lunch will be at The Duke of Wellington, Birling Road, Ryarsh, ME19 5LS on the 25th June, 12.30 for 1.00. Click Duke of Wellington in the Links panel at the side of this page for details.
CALL PUSH RESCUE
After the talk and training at the end of the July meeting the British Heart Foundation site How to do CPR may be useful. Click How to do CPR in the Links panel at the side of the page.
MEDWAY U3A JAZZ INTEREST GROUP
Public Web Forum
In case it should be of any interest to our members, Medway U3A have told us that their Jazz Interest Group has its own public web forum, which has now been running for over a year. To visit the site click Medway U3A Jazz Forum in the Links panel at the side of this page.
OMNI MUSICA GROUP - A new music group has now started. Do you play a musical instrument? Perhaps you used to play a while ago but might be a bit rusty. Omni Musica Group will be aimed at those who can read music and have moved beyond the 'absolute beginner' stage. We will play three or four part arrangements covering a whole variety of music, from 'Renaissance' to 'Rock & Roll', with all pieces being arranged specifically for our group. To register an interest, please email the OMG coordinator by clicking the blue pigeon logo above. Meetings are held on the 2nd & 5th Tuesday of the month in the church room at Holy Cross in Bearsted. This ia a shared group with members from Maidstone and Bearsted U3A. See the OMG group page for details and music.
SPEAKERS AT MONTHLY MEETINGS
- Although we have to book speakers months or sometimes years in advance we are always very keen to hear members suggestions and recommendations for speakers or subjects for our monthly meetings. Use the blue pigeon send a message button to send a quick email to our Speakers Secretary Nick who will be pleased to hear your views.
GROUP CO-ORDINATORS PAGE
- A Group Co-ordinators page has been created to provide additional information for group co-ordinators. Go to the GROUPS page and click the Group Co-ordinators option.
CAR SHARING & LIFTS
- If you are able to car share it is the easiest way to reduce the car parking pressure at our monthly meetings.
- Are you unable to get to monthly meetings due to lack of transport? Could you transport additional members to the meetings? Add your name to the Lifts page if you are seeking a lift or are able to provide a lift to our monthly meetings. To view the page click the Lifts button at the top of this page,
- Bearsted & District U3A have been in correspondence with The Inland Revenue and we would advise all members that gift aid will not be claimed.
A U3A tradition
- If your Group Leader is kind enough to provide refreshments in their home during your Group meeting, it is a well established U3A custom to leave a donation, as we do at our general meetings.
USEFUL IT LINKS
- Click here for a page of useful IT links and then click one of the listed links to go there.