This is a group learning Spanish at an introductory level. The Group meets weekly at Birdwell Community Hall on Mondays at 10:30 am.
- Leading on and up to the Spanish conversation group when and if you feel you are ready.
Group Coordinator is Joanie Tollerfield (07712416551)
HOLA Y BIENVENIDOS
(Hello and welcome)
Welcome to our Spanish Introduction Group page.
All the U3A members within our small group learn the Spanish language in their own time at their own pace. We are a very relaxed group and have fun learning.
Whether you want to learn for holidays, just because you love the language, because you love the culture, food and drink, or maybe simply because you want to challenge your brain that bit more as we get older. They are all great reasons to join the group.
- Absolutely no one should ever feel they can't do it, we all learn at different stages and YES we can do it.
- When you walk into the room with no idea of what to expect and within weeks you have the basics of a conversation in Spanish.
- A few words put together makes a sentence, a few sentences make a paragraph, a few paragraphs makes a conversation.
- Most important is that learning the language and practicing with friends in a relaxed environment builds confidence and knowledge.
Important message to Spanish group members:
Anyone struggling to find the relevant books/CD's let me know and I will be able to get them for you for the next session.
Study Books and CD's are BBC Talk Spanish 1 & 2. Please check with me prior to purchasing to ensure you purchase the correct ones at the correct price.
**Be aware of astronomical and ridiculous prices on the internet including Amazon UK and Ebay,
Talk to me first to discuss how much you should be paying and what the products contain in their packs. I may have a copy of what you are needing at a much lower cost, equally some members have bought all included packs and have a new book to pass on at lower costs
- Please see the Groups Calendar for a schedule of the latest meeting times, dates and locations.
- Do you have a disability? Check our Birdwell Community Centre Accessibility Report.
Page last reviewed 21/10/2018 by Joan Tollerfield