New Members Link
New Members Group
We meet on the 3rd Monday each month at Priory Campus at 6:30pm.
This group is purely for recently joined members of bu3a and was set up in July 2017.
We now also include people who maybe interested in joining and would like more information
The aims of the group are:
- To give all new members the opportunity to be introduced and get to know each other.
- To help understand how our u3a works.
- To be a stepping stone between joining to becoming settled in groups of your choice.
You will be invited to attend 3 sessions.
Topics covered will be:
- A brief history of the U3A
- How to join groups.
- BU3A monthly meetings.
- The Buzz quarterly magazine.
- Facebook (private closed group).
- Blue boxes and the importance of signing-in register.
And of course, any other subject you need information on.
The group will be kept small, around 12 members each session to allow you to feel comfortable and relaxed.
Coordinator: Eveline Mirfin (click picture to enlarge)
- Please see the Groups Calendar for a schedule of the latest meeting times, dates and locations.
- Do you have a disability? Check our The Priory Accessibility Report.
Keeping you informed:
Our meeting on the 19th February (2018]
The group is progressing really well,13 new members and 1 prospective new member attended.
It was reported back to us from one of these members that they found the group to be friendly and Informative, and they were really pleased that they had made the effort to attend
Fortunately the snow subsided and our planned March 19th meeting was able to go ahead
9 new members and 3 prospective new members atended
It was an enjoyable evening and the 3 prospective new members all joined
Barnsley U3A now has 1060 Members
April 16th was our next new members meeting:
Molly and I really enjoyed meeting the new members, they also enjoyed meeting each other!!
Although several of the members were a little apprehensive about coming along on their own, at the end of the night they said how welcomed they’d felt and were really pleased they’d made the effort to attend
The meeting on May 21st was fun. 8 new members attended and there were no prospective new members this time
They were all happy to have their photo taken for our web page, so here it: