The group meets at 9.30am on the second Monday of each month. Group discussion takes place on many aspects of this well supported hobby as well as site visits agreed by the group to study birds in their habitat.
Prior to a visit both existing and new members need to contact the coordinator to make sure that the venue can accommodate the numbers and to arrange car sharing.
Some of the Birdwatching Group Venues:
- Old Moor RSPB Reserve. We are very lucky to have this on our doorstep.
- Blacktoft Sands RSPB Reserve.
- Pugneys Water Park.
- Potteric Carr. Yorkshire Wildlife Trust.
Programme for Autumn of 2019
September 9 – Sprotborough Flash – meet at 9.30am in the area near The Boatman’s Rest, which has its own private car park for patrons only.
October 14 – Thurgoland TPT at 9.30am. This is a circular walk past The Bridge Inn and Wortley Forge and then through the fields to the TPT to return to our starting point.
November 11– Carlton Marsh Nature reserve. Again, meet at 9.30am in the designated car park.
December 9 – Wentworth village for 9.30am and then the Garden Centre to look around the garden, which opens at 10am. It is a RHS partner garden or a fee of £1.00 for entry.
Further details for all the above nearer the time.
Coordinators: Gillian Richardson, Tony Hunt
Page last reviewed 23/09/2019 by Webmaster
- Please see the Groups Calendar for a schedule of the latest meeting times, dates and locations.
- Do you have a disability? Please check with the Group Coordinators to discuss accessibility to various sites.