Membership of BaM u3a
The u3a is open to people from Bearsden, Milngavie and the surrounding area. There is no age limit, but activities are aimed at people no longer in full-time work who want to get involved in learning and creative activities, and make new friends.
As a member you can join as many of the interest groups as you want to, so long as there are places available, and you can also attend the Monthly Meetings, currently held on Zoom on the third Tuesday of the month at 11 am. We hope to resume the normal monthly meetings in St Andrew’s Church Hall Bearsden in person again in the near future.
How Much does it Cost?
Annual membership of BaM U3A 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 costs:
- £10 for an individual subscription
- £8 for each additional person living at the same address.
- £4 if you are a member of another u3a
The cost includes:
- Attendance at Monthly Meetings and at interest groups. For some groups there may be small extra costs to cover room hire and/or provision of tea and coffee.
- a monthly Newsletter
- membership of the Third Age Trust, which provides insurance cover, online advice and a national newsletter
- five Third Age Matters magazines a year posted to your address
- a subscription to u3a Scotland.
How to join
You can join by:
- Completing the Membership Form – Click on the link at top right "Membership Application Form" to download it. Post the form and your subscription cheque to the Membership Secretary. Details and address are on the Form.
- Alternatively you can pay by Bank Transfer. First download and complete the Membership Application Form (see above right) and post it to the Membership Secretary (address on the form). Details of the Bank Transfer process will be sent to you by email.
Please note the Membership Form can’t be completed Online but needs to be downloaded and signed before posting to the membership secretary.
FAQ Can I try u3a out before joining?
You can come along to two monthly meetings or attend a group meeting before deciding whether you want to join the U3A (but check with the group Convenor that there are places available - use the Message Bird on the group’s website page).
If a group you are interested in has a waiting list you need to be a member of the u3a to be able to put your name on it.
I’m already a member. How do I renew?
Complete the Subscription Renewal Form (not the Application form) by clicking on the link at top right "Subscription Renewal Form". This provides details of how to renew by cheque or Bank Transfer.
Enquiries welcome click Membership Enquiry