14 October 2019 - Next Meeting Agenda
BADDOW & GALLEYWOOD U3A-PHOTOGRAPHY
11 NOVEMBER 2019 AGENDA
Welcome all Members & Guests. Tea, Coffee & biscuits served during interval (donations appreciated).
1. Previous August Meeting Reminders
Thanks to Graham French for sharing his photo experience during a Helicopter ride from North Weald.
2. This Months Topics :
2.1 Colchester photo-shoot Images, & alternative Town/City images
3. 2019/2020 Programme
Next Photo-Shoot :
3.1 28 November - David Attenborough Zoology Museum, Cambridge
3.2 12 December Christmas lunch
3.3 January's "John Westwood" Open Topic Competition : x2 best images of 2019 , not taken during a photo-shoot. Closing date 30 December
Judge by David Heath
3.4 23 January, 2020 - Portraiture experience in the Heritage Centre main hall.
3.5 Next proposed meeting TBC .
Steering group: John Cummin, Peter Durr, Christine Newbery &
2020 programme pending
3.6 Members are asked to submit their suggestions for our 2020 programme, which include : Photo-shoot locations & Learning topics
4. News Letter-
Next NL articles submitted before 4 November.
Encourage any budding journalist to submit a short 150-250 word article on any photo theme.
5.1 We encourage you to share experiences that would be of interest to members . We’d like to hear from you if you’re willing to put together a short photo presentation.
5.2 Mission statement for members images
“Why” this image
‘What” message are you conveying to viewer”
“What” are the best aspects
“How” would you improve.
5.3 Monthly Camera Bag News.
How to keep your gear dust free:
Totally protecting of kit against dust is never possible, but there are some simple precautions we can adopt.
• Clean your camera bag regularly.
• Blow dust away from camera & lens using Hurricane Blower ( £5)
• Clean camera & lens using separate microfibre cleaning cloths.
• Activate the built-in camera sensor cleaning function regularly, located in the camera’s menu. *
• Take care when changing lens’s. Switch off camera’s power & to void dust entering sensor during lens change by tilt camera downwards, & refit lens caps ASAP
• * Remove stubborn dust spots from sensor. Switch off camera power, remove lens , title camera downwards & gently blow dust from sensor with the Hurricane Blower.
Enjoy your 2019 Photography