BOOK GROUP 3 (St Michael's)
Meeting dates/time: the 3rd Monday of the month at 2:00pm till 4pm. If by ZOOM then meeting starts at 4pm.
Normal Meeting Venue: The small hall at St Michael's but see programme details below for any variation including ZOOM.
Outline: This is a new book group with its inaugural meeting taking place on Monday 17th February 2020. The intention is to meet monthly and review one book per month.
Principles agreed relating to the book group:
• Where practical the new book club is adopting rotating genres/themes for book choice, eg Crime and mystery for 3 months, Historical/Epic/Saga for 3 months etc to engender and widen interest and to facilitate comparison between one author and another if appropriate.
• Arrangements have been made with Library Services to provide up to 10 books of a particular agreed title. The provision of a pack of 10 books via Library Services gives access to an acceptably large range of titles of various genres.
• The provision of a pack of up to 10 books means that the current group is being restricted to a maximum of 10 members. The group currently has a membership of 10.
MEETINGS from APRIL 2020 to SEPTEMBER 2021 BY ZOOM AND at 4pm
MEETINGS from and including OCTOBER 2021 TO BE FACE TO FACE AT ST MICHAELS SMALL HALL - 2pm to 4pm.
|FOR DATES AND CHOICES PRIOR TO THIS CLICK ON THIS LINK: PREVIOUS BOOK GROUP 3 READINGS||.|
|Monday 10th August Review of The Bee Keeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri. Digital book.||ZOOM|
|Monday 21st September Review of The Unexpected Return of Josephine Fox by Claire Gradidge. Digital book.||ZOOM|
|Monday 19th October at 4pm. Review of Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie. Books via Library Service.||ZOOM|
|Monday 16th November at 4pm. Review of Bones in the Nest by Helen Cadbury. Books via Library Service.||ZOOM|
|Monday 21st December at 4pm. Review of The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney. Books via Library Service.||ZOOM|
|2021 NEW YEAR 2021||.|
|Monday 19th January at 4pm. Review of The House at Riverton by Kate Morton. Books via Library Service.||ZOOM|
|Monday 15th February at 4pm. Review of Case Histories by Kate Atkinson. Library Service currently has problem dispensing group books. This book being bought/acquired by agreement.||ZOOM|
|Monday 15th March at 4pm. Review of We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker. This book via Borrowbox or print copy if can be sourced.||ZOOM|
|Monday 19th April at 4pm. Review of The Long Call by Ann Cleeves. This book via Borrowbox or print copy if can be sourced.||ZOOM|
|Monday 17th May at 4pm. Review of 13 Steps Down by Ruth Rendell. This is a physical book obtained via Library Services.||ZOOM|
|Monday 21st June at 4pm. Review of A Girl made of Dust by Natalie Abi-Ezzi||ZOOM|
|Monday 19th July at 4pm. Review of The Postmistress by Sarah Blake||ZOOM|
|Monday 16th August at 4pm. Review of The Tiger’s Wife by Tea Obreht||ZOOM|
|Monday 20th September. Review of Birdcage Walk by Helen Dunmore||ZOOM 4pm|
|Unless advised otherwise, FUTURE MEETINGS TO TAKE PLACE AT ST MICHAEL'S, The Small Hall, 2.00pm - 4pm||.|
|Monday 18th October. Review of The Vanishing of Ruth by Janet MacLeod Trotter||St Michael's|
|Monday 15th November. Review of Guernica by Dave Boling||As above|
|Monday 20th December 2021. Review of A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks||As above|
|Monday 17th January 2022. Review of Ordinary Thunderstorms by William Boyd||As above|
|CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SEE: PLANNED BOOK CHOICES FOR FUTURE MONTHS||.|
|These could vary if there are any last minute adjustments by Library Services||.|
THIS LINK GIVES AN OVERVIEW OF THE ACTIVITIES OF ALL GROUPS DURING THE PERIOD OF COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS: ZOOM CONFERENCING and other means
• Existing Members refer to Yellow Booklet (or any ‘update’ given via Newsletter/or Monthly Meeting)
• Potential New Members click on the ‘Contact’ menu above.
• The overall coordinator of ALL groups can be contacted via the following link: THE GROUPS CO-ORDINATOR