REAL ALE APPRECIATION GROUP
Meetings will generally be on the fourth Friday of the month but this is flexible. Times also vary depending on the pub in question’s opening times.
Next Meeting: Friday 22 March. 2pm, venue to be arranged but anyone wishing to come along will be most welcome.
Following Meeting: Friday 26 April. 2pm, venue to be arranged.
Real Ale Report for Friday 22 February. We met at “The Crossroads” in Alfreton. This was a new venue for us and it was a very pleasant environment and the staff were helpful, good humoured and welcoming. We spent a happy two and a half hours sampling 6 beers this time, we normally sample 4 when drinking halves so we must all have been “in the mood” that afternoon! We found ourselves having a very good philosophical discussion during our tasting session which, I think, we all enjoyed as everyone contributed liberally.
In order of our placings the beers were:
• 1st Funky Gibbon from the Blue Monkey Brewery, a medium beer at 4.1%
• 2nd Crimson Sunset from the Titanic Brewery, a medium pale ale at 4.7%
• 3rd Abduction from the Dancing Duck Brewery, a very pale ale at 5.5%
• 4th Wet February from the Dancing Duck Brewery, a very pale ale at 4.2%
• 5th Harley from the Welbeck Abbey Brewery, a pale ale at 4.3%
• 6th Black Rose Porter from the Elliswood Brewery, a very dark porter at 4.5%
If you are interested in joining the Group or would like to find out more about it, please get in touch with the Group Co-ordinator through the CONTACT page on this website.