Events / Digwyddiadau
OUR MONTHLY MEETINGS, AND INTEREST GROUPS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
WE WILL OF COURSE RESUME ACTIVITIES, JUST AS SOON AS IT'S SAFE TO DO SO.
Several groups are meeting informally via "Zoom" [or similar] - please contact Group co-ordinators or the Committee for details.
We will run weekly (well, most weeks!) Zoom talks on Tuesdays at 10.30am as follows:
- September 22nd: "Poetry Pool", co-ordinated by Brenda Curtis. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81917961202
- September 29th: Marianne Pateman on "The Medieval Art of Wall Painting in Welsh Churches". https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82975775230
- October 6th: Nigel Humphreys on "The Surrealist Paintings of Magritte and de Chirico". https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84338438773
- October 13th: Pat Griffiths, on "Mindfulness for those with ongoing pain and other managed health conditions"
- October 20th: Chris Simpson on "An Introduction to Geology": https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81055534769?pwd=RDBlZ3pUSG14MnhPUUxBb2dQeHVBdz09
- October 27th: Nigel Humphreys on his new book, "Beyond Dead and other Ghost Stories"
- November 3rd: Vince Howells on "Norman Rockwell, Illustrator - Artist - Iconographer - Icon"
- November 10th: Jackie Bat-Isha on "Introduction to Holocaust Memorial Day Exhibition / Aberystwyth 2020"
- November 17th: Roger Boyle on "Victorian clean, fast public transport: atmospheric propulsion"
Forthcoming, Chris Simpson on "Changes in Aberystwyth with reference to the 1889 OS map”
All talks at 10.30am - please be punctual!
Specific connection details will be mailed out in advance of each meeting - contact us in the usual way if you are interested.
If anybody wants to volunteer a talk, please do! We will be delighted to schedule it in and look after the technical side for you.
Our meetings are usually held on the third Thursday of the month, at 2.30pm (to 4.00pm) at the Morlan, Queen's Road, Aberystwyth SY23 2HH.
If you're interested in joining us, you're very welcome to come along to one of our monthly meetings as a visitor (for up to two visits, at £2 per visit). Just mention at the signing-in desk that you are new, and someone will help.
This website listing is regularly updated, and our full programme is shown below. (Members are emailed if there are any unavoidable changes, or additions, to the programme.) Posters for our monthly meetings are displayed at various locations around town, and reviews of our meetings regularly feature in the Aberystwyth "Up Your Street" section, of the Cambrian News.
An application form for new members, can be downloaded here: Membership Form or Ffurflen Aelodaeth. Current members' subscription information is at: Membership Renewal. Previous programmes of guest speakers, and other events, are listed at: Programme Archive. For any further information please leave a message for: Programme Secretary or Membership Enquiry.